Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!!! Indulge In Luscious Raspberry-Fudge Truffles

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
  
We have finally approached to Christmas Eve.The very last day for all the last minute touch ups to your wrapping,decorating as well as baking.Although, I can't really assist in the first two departments, I can however certainly suggest a fabulous treat that can be served for dessert at your Christmas dinner Here ,we have a highly recommended recipe for Raspberry Irish Cream Truffles, that will surely surprise any one of your guests. 

This highly decadent truffle sometimes appears to be more difficult to make then it actually is.In reality, this recipe is very simple to follow as along as you have the time as well as the patience for its method.Its also a very adaptable recipe considering you can adjust many of the flavorings to the truffles themselves and you don't even need to make the whole batch at one time.What is wonderful about this recipe is you can easily make the truffle filling and then freeze it for up to 2 months for later use.So if you do select this recipe it means you can actually form as many truffles or as little as you see fit.



However; I do know that time is the ascent right now and this recipe can be a bit time consuming.Though trust me on this, these truffles are definitely worth it.Every bite of these elegant truffles, has a smooth, dark chocolate,cream cheese filling, a strong raspberry flavor and just a hint of Irish cream.Then followed by a coating of delicious chocolate candy coating with just a light drizzle of melted white chocolate for decoration.Its heaven in every bite, as Jane says.
 
So, if you want to take on this challenge this Christmas eve day.Then make these this morning and in the afternoon you will have a decadent treat to serve for dessert or to even give as a gift to any last minute drop ins to the home.




Luscious Raspberry Irish Cream Fudge Truffles

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 lb cream cheese,softened
 cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
2 tbsp raspberry liqueur, or Irish cream
1 2/3 cup very finely crushed vanilla wafers,crumbs
18 oz chocolate candy coating( Wilton's Candy Melts)

Decorative White Chocolate Drizzle

3 oz lindt white chocolate,chopped
1 tbsp solid vegetable shortening


Filled a medium heavy saucepan,less then half way of water and placed over low heat.Then I placed a large Pyrex glass bowl over top of the pot (creating a double boiler) I melted the chocolate chips in the glass bowl,stirring until smooth.Then I removed it from the heat and setting aside to cool slightly. 


Then using a large bowl.I cream the cream cheese,until smooth using my handheld electric mixer.Then I added the chocolate,seedless raspberry jam and Irish cream.Beating the mixture well.


Then I blended the wafer cookies in a blender,until it reach fine crumbs (can use a food processor as well) Then I measured 1 2/3 cups and then added it into the chocolate mixture,blending well



Then I covered the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerated it for about an 1 hour or more until firm.


(Note: can be refrigerator for up to 1 week or more)

Then I prepped three large cookie sheets,placing wax paper on each. 



Then working with one third of the cold truffle mixture at a time,I shaped the mixture into balls about 3/4 inches (2cm) in diameter and placed them on the baking sheets.Then I placed each sheet in the freezer for one hour or more,until firm.



Using a medium heavy bottom pot with less then half of water.Placed a large glass Pyrex bowl over top.With low heat,I melted the chocolate coating,stirring until smooth.



Working with one sheet of truffles at a time.I dipped each of the truffles into the melted chocolate coating one at a time.I used a fork to help coat the truffles fully and then used a butter knife to slowly push off onto the baking sheet.I repeated the process,until done and then I let the truffles stand,until firm.

Note: During the process,I had to keep the heat quite low and periodically added 1 tbsp of vegetable shortening to the candy coating to keep from thicken to much. 

Decorative White Chocolate

Using the finely chopped white chocolate and 1 tbsp of shortening.I place each of them in a plastic Wilton's piping bag while tiring of the end with an elastic band


Then I submerge it in the bottom of the double boiler pan to help melt the mixture.Then I gently kneaded it to blend the two ingredients together.


Then I cut a small hole at the tip and drizzled the white chocolate over top of the set truffles. Then I let them stand until the white chocolate became firm.

Then I placed the truffles in two Christmas tins,layered with wax paper and placed them in the refrigerator to keep chilled.Can last up to 3 week in the fridge and two month in the freezer.Best served chilled.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...