Skip to main content

My First Homemade Fondant Cake!!!



It was just my nephews 7th birthday party this passed weekend and I took on the responsibilities of making his themed Mine craft birthday cake. So, with many ideas bouncing in my head prior I knew that this was the best time to take on the challenge of making my very own fondant.

So, for his birthday cake I used a very basic chocolate cake recipe,which I doubled to make two 9 by 13 cakes, along with cutting them into 24 individual squares.Then I made a very simple butter cream frosting to give a light icing on the cakes themselves.Then lastly, to decorate the cakes I used Wilton's Homemade marshmallow fondant to create the mine craft characters.



 The fondant definitely took time to create and was very hands on challenging.For example, my hands were pretty sore after kneading in 8 cups of icing sugar to 1 pounds of melted marshmallow;however it was well worth the effort to get the flawless appearance on these cakes.I put in a lot of hours to create this cake and I definitely learned some brand new skills to put towards my next decorated cake.I am also very excited how well these cakes turned out and it was awesome to see how impressed my nephews friends were when they saw them.It made it all worth it to put my time into!

So I definitely recommend to make homemade fondant for your next birthday cake.Its really easy to make along as you are in for the challenge of kneading.Its supposedly tastes way better then store bought and definitely cheaper.Also, its awesome to use to create figures and characters to match a theme.Its a lot of fun to get involved and create with fondant.So for me I"ll be definitely using my leftover fondant to use for the next birthday cake.It should be exciting! Also,If you have any questions about making this fondant? etc Just comment here on my blog or ask on The Art Of Baking page!


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...