Skip to main content

Cranberry Icebox Cookies Are A Great Choice This Holiday Season!



Its only 2 weeks till Christmas.So we have very little time for gift shopping and planning our holiday meals.So to help out with the festivities, I have a treat to share with all of you.I found this scrumptious Taste Of Home cranberry icebox cookie recipe that will be a sure fire hit with your guests this holiday season.Also, just think these beauty's would be great along side a homemade batch of eggnog.So are you convinced already to makes these?

Well I hope you are because this recipe even has simple ingredients and directions that anyone can follow.You really cannot go wrong with any of those traits.It's also quite adaptable to any one's likes and dislikes.For examples,the use of fresh or frozen cranberries,nuts,flavorings and even how the cookie's  are baked.I love the leeway in a recipe like this and given you the freedom to explore.Also I cannot leave out the fact that these are Icebox cookies,which means the dough is chill before baking.This makes it incredibly easy to create the exact shape and thickness of a perfect thin wafer cookie.You cannot find this unique look in any drop cookie recipe.This is a top notch recipe and I had a lot of fun making these little sliced cookies.

 
Now its the best part of any treat,the judgement. When I took just a small bite of this wafer I was instantly captured by its delicious flavor and texture.These cookies were crisp around the edges,while being soft,moist and crumbly in the middle.The wafer had a rich buttery and caramel like flavor.However the cranberries were the star of the show because they brought a natural sweetness and tartness that meshed so well with the combination of extracts.Its yet again a cookie experience that cannot be missed and must be enjoyed with the company of friends and family.

This treat is a great choice for this holiday season and I highly recommend you experience it for yourself.Be sure to share the treat with everyone and impress them with your baking skills.I give this recipe two thumbs up!


Cranberry Icebox Cookies

Adapted From Taste Of Home Best Loved Cookies Magazine 
Recipe Sent In By Gloria Anderson from Paso Robles,CA

1 1/4 cup unsalted butter,softened
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup walnuts,chopped (optional)
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries,chopped


In the bowl, I creamed the butter and sugars together in my mixer. 


I added the eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.Then beating in the extracts.


I combined the flour,baking powder,salt and baking soda.


Then I gradually added the dry mixture to the creamed mixture.


I chose to not add the chopped walnuts and carefully stirred in the chopped cranberries.Then I shaped the dough into a big ball.


Then I proceeded to divide the dough into three evenly size balls and roll each into three 7 inch rolls.


Then I wrapped each individually in saran wrap and refrigerated for 4 hours (Tip: Can be overnight).


Once the dough was firm enough.I worked with one log at a time I cut 1/4 inch thick slices and placed them on an ungreased baking sheet.



Then I baked them at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.Then cooled on a wire rack.Tip: If you prefer a softer cookie, bake just until lightly golden brown on the edges.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...