Skip to main content

Still Trying To Conquer Muffins!



I made muffins yet again and they will be the death of me.I can never make the perfect muffin.I can hit the flavor and texture right, but never the appearance. I do have to say though that a few in this batch had better shape then others,but I still need to work on it.

However this time was better then the last ones I made, I would think.Because I made sure to sift all the dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the baking powder and prevent it from clumping.This definitely helped with not over mixing and created almost no tunnels when baking;however my muffins still made peaks and some had tunnels.They even came out pretty small in size.


The flavor and texture came out quite well though.The cake part of the muffin was crumbly,moist and not to sweet.You could tell it needed something to compliment it like chocolate chips and cranberries.The chips gave a smooth dark sweetness while the berries gave a chewy sweet tang.Both go well together in almost anything, including muffins.I would of hoped for a sweeter muffin batter, but overall they were really good.

For the recipe.I cant blame it for the appearance when its me.So I either haven't master the mixing yet.Need a recipe with more tips.The baking powder is not working that well.The muffin pan cups need to be filled more.Or lastly I'm cursed from the muffin gods? Anyways,I shall not give up though and for who ever has the same issue I say don't give up either.Hey, share your stress here and we will be muffin cursed buddies :).For muffin superiors.Use the recipe and keep it close.Its precious for ones that can do it lol.Enjoy


Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins
(Adapted from Hershey Chipits: Chipits Cranberry Choco Muffins)

Yield 12 Muffins

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup 1 % milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

I stirred flour,sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.Made a well.In a medium bowl, I mixed the milk,oil,egg,berries and chips together.Folded in the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, just enough to dampen the dry ingredients.Poured batter into a greased muffin pan,3/4 cup fill.Baked for 20-25 minutes, until muffins springed back when lightly pressed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...