Skip to main content

Banana Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bars Recipe Review + More News!


Just recently I made a recipe to use up the Hershey Chipt Special Dark Chocolate Chips that I got in my winner's package.For this I didn't want to make any cookies, so I decided to make some bars.Now these aren't your regular bars you see that are usually layered, hard or crunchy.These are more of a cake like bar with multiple textures.They are very moist with array of chocolate chips and dried fruit  through out it. They actually remind me a lot of banana bread crossed with a muffin.I give 3 out of 3 for texture

There are also many flavors playing off each other in these bars.You have the banana flavor that the senses.The chocolate chips with their intense dark flavor along side the moist cake texture.Then you have the cranberries with a sweet and tart flavor. I also give 3 out of 3 for flavor!


The recipe I used is from one of my cookie books I purchased at my local used book store.It was really easy to follow and used simple ingredients. I actually adding ingredients and eliminated some to the recipe. I used my homemade brown sugar, overripe freezer bananas, dark chocolate chips,oats and dried cranberries.The time may also vary when these are done, especially on the kind of oven.I  still give 3 out 3 for the recipe directions.

I also tried out the product,PAM Baking Spray that I received in my baking package.I used it on this recipe to spray the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking and it definitely did its job.It was easy to use. All I had to do was pop off the top, shake well and spray in the upright position with a even layer.It worked really well except some chocolate chip sunk to the bottom and stuck to the pan.That wasn't a big deal to me, I'm just glad they were easy to pry out of the pan.The only draw back to Pam is its quite expensive. Sometimes its 5 dollars a spray can and I can easily use shortening or butter to grease a pan.However when its free I can't complain! Also I found out that my baking package was probably over 50 dollar average value.That's pretty awesome.

Also, in other news I received some goodies in the mail. I got these three lovely charm bracelets and my favorite is the crescent moon.Then I got this beautiful fiber scarf with multiple colors through out it.



Anyways, everyone have a great weekend! For me I'll be going to a friend's Epicure party on Sunday.Should be lots of fun and see some people I haven't talk to in a while. If you don't know what Epicure is? check out the link.They sale herb, spices, cookware and lots of other products.I thought I had to share about it since it has to do with food.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bars (Adapted From Banana Chocolate Chip Bars, Favorite Cookie Recipes By Lou Seibert Pappas)

1/2 cup margarine or room temp butter
3/4 granulated sugar + 1/2 tbsp pure molasses ( or 3/4 cup brown sugar)
1 cup mashed bananas ( 2 ripe or overripe medium sized bananas)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Chipts Special Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Topping
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
About a couple Tbsp of Old fashion oats (Amount Varies)

Set my oven to 350F.Beat margarine, granulated sugar and molasses in a large bowl, till creamy.It should have no sign of  molasses and will be light brown in color.

In medium bowl, I mixed together all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. I slowly added the flour mixture into the cream mixture, beating it in.Stirred in the chocolate chips and the dried cranberries. I greased a 9x13 inch metal baking pan with PAM baking spray. 

I mixed 2 tbsp granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. I sprinkled on the oats and then the sugar mixture over top. I baked the oven for 18 minutes until toothpick inserted into center came out clean. Also when the oats are golden brown.This time may vary if quick oats are used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...