Skip to main content

Best Month For Baking!

Now that were in December, I can officially start doing some holiday baking.Its so exciting because I can now use some of my festive items I got last Christmas and try out new holiday recipes.

What are you excited about for this seasonal month?Maybe its decorating the tree or home,planning a party,gift shopping ,going on a trip or like me creating some delicious treats. Whatever it may be, we should try to make this month as stress free as possible and make it fun.

So to start off this month,I'm going to share with all of you a new recipe I tired out from all recipes website.It's simple and a well loved baked item.If you randomly guessed brownie with out me giving any hint.Well good for you because your right.


For this brownie recipe I actually tested it out at the end of November;but I thought to share my review to open up December. It just seemed like a treat that would better suit this holiday month.Its simple,stress-free and fancy.Those are three elements you like to have when this month really gets hectic.

When I found this recipe, I loved that it used very little fat content in the brownies.It only had 1/4 cup of margarine or butter and it still stayed moist and fudge like. Most recipes I've seen use so much of either ingredient for just one baked item and I would like to keep those items to use on multiple recipes.So that's why I usually pass up most brownie recipes.

This recipe is great for its lack of fat being used.But its negative aspect is a missing ingredient that most brownie recipes have.Its baking powder. When I read a couple reviews describing the appearance I knew the pictures for the recipe made it confusing to what these would looked like. I knew myself that they be thinner based on reading the recipe;however I wanted to review to see what this recipe would do.


There was very little batter making these and they did bake into thin brownies.However the flavor and texture made up for it and you can get away with eating a lot more.The recipe is quite adaptable and I even put my own ideas on it as well. For my version I sprinkled salted chopped peanut on top of the brownie just before they were finish baking.I also replaced carob power with cocoa powder and use 2 eggs instead of egg whites. The peanuts gave just enough crunchy texture to fit well along side the moist texture of the brownie.They were rich and chocolaty and I actually like that they were tiny bite size in the end.

Brownies, including these are the best when their kept in the fridge overnight to soak up their flavors.Or to cool them at room temp for 10 minutes and then placed in the fridge to totally cool.It will make cutting 10 times easier and if your taking pictures like me.

They are simple and elegant. I can actually see these being served at a Christmas party and if their are people that can't eat nuts. Sift some icing sugar for a topping.You can add any topping you like or leave them without.

Its an exciting month! My blogger friends, be sure to watch out for those holiday blog giveaways.I'll even post some of my favorite giveaways on my blog when I see them.Have a great weekend everyone!



Peanut Brownies 
(Adapted from Walnut Brownies by J.J. Waters   )

1/4 cup margarine,melted
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa,sifted
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 to 1/3 cup salted chopped peanuts

I preheated the oven to 300F. Greased a 9 inch glass square pan with shortening.Measured margarine and melted it in the microwave for about 20 -30 seconds.

Poured the melted margarine in a medium bowl.Sifted in the cocoa powder, sugar,salt and flour.Then  added the vanilla and eggs.

Stirred all the ingredients together till smooth. The batter will be thick. I spread the batter evenly in the pan and placed it in the oven. 

I baked the brownies for about 15 minutes.Then took them out and sprinkled on the salted chopped peanuts. I baked it for about 15+ minutes until the top spring backed and toothpick came out clean.

Cooled for about 10 minutes in room temp and then transferred into fridge.Brownies are best eaten the next day when they sit in the fridge to become nice and cold.However I did cut these brownies before the next day so I could take pictures.I did have a nibble of one that broke!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...