Skip to main content

Try To Get The Perfect Muffin


I have always loved bananas in baking  since I was a kid ,especially with different varieties of chocolates chips :D.If its baking muffins, bread or what have you its so darn yummy and so simple to make :P. I love trying out different recipes and creative ideas for this certain ingredient.

 I love muffins especially my favorites the large double chocolate muffin and if done right there so yummy. What I mean when I say done right is  muffins are a delicate matter in getting them just right and tasting especially good. For me I have had lots of failed attempts in the past and some on this blog. I even try to avoid making them sometimes to prevent a mess up.This time I believe I did pretty well for a muffin :D.




Muffins are always delicate because they only have one acceptable appearance and texture for the perfect muffin . Its all about the correct measurements and especially important the mixing point. Muffins are always recommended to have dry ingredients folded in and to NOT OVERMIX because you will either end up with tunnels through out the muffin and you will end up with either flat, pointed or risen broken tops. The best muffin to have are the risen bumpy tops which you think wouldn't be the right appearance but it is.Sometimes I feel the smooth top muffins look the best lol.


 Even in some of these photos I see all sorts of shapes from flatter, point tops and bumpy so who knows if I did it right, but I made sure to fold in my ingredients and not to over do it.I can only go by the recipe instructions and past experience to use while I'm baking. Its always a test or experiment with trying to make  these baked goods.

This recipe was pretty simple and can be easily altered to your own creative ideas like adding some of your favorite treats such as chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts.Its a good recipe for beginner bakers as well as the banana bread recipe in my index. Be sure to check out the recipes since I recently updated them with their very own printable version in all posts :D.


I really like these muffins because I feel butterscotch pairs so well with banana and I already know chocolate chip is a great combination with muffins. There moist, crumbly and a very sweet and aromatic flavor. I really want to make double chocolate muffins next and see how that turns out. I even have a muffin cookbook so that will be something great to look at. Or maybe even cupcakes, I have a book for that too :D

Have a great baking day!


Banana Chocolate and Butterscotch Chip Muffins (Adapted From Chipts Choco Banana Muffin,Chipt Book Cookie)
Printable Version

1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (or overripe bananas)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

In a large bowl, Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add mashed bananas, oil, eggs, and chips.(Overripe banana are recommended for flavor and easily mashed)
Fold in with a spatula, until all ingredients are moistened ( Do not over mix) ( For best results use a rubber spatula)
Add liners to cupcake tin or muffin tin (12-15) (can grease muffin/ cupcake tin)
Spoon 1/2 cups of batter into liners.
Bake 350F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and springs back when touching the tops.
Cool on rack.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...