Skip to main content

Unique Carrot Cake And Peanut Buttery Cookies

What has recently happen in the world of baking for me?

Well my aunt and uncle came for dinner on Wednesday night and I made sure to plan to make a delicious  dessert. On Tuesday afternoon, I  figure out that I would bake a carrot cake before tomorrow and do all the decorating the next day.



On Wednesday afternoon I chose to frost a one layer cake with just a simple cream cheese frosting. I left out the nuts all together and there decorating ideas. Instead I topped the cake and sides with chocolate shavings of Baker's Semisweet and White Chocolate using a vegetable peeler. For bigger shavings I learned a easy tip to warm up the chocolate in its wrapper by putting it in your apron pocket. Body heat does the trick and you end up with wider chocolate shaving depending on the chocolate you use.(Hershey milk chocolate does well).



The chocolate gave the cake a unique and simple attraction without a lot of skill, plus it gave an extra kick of sweetness. Now the inside is everything you want in a carrot cake if its your favorite you wont be disappointed one bit.

Its wonderfully moist and I added the recommend apple sauce to make it even more moist then originally. Its wonderfully spiced and rich in flavor. Its crazy how cream cheese frosting ends up pairing so well with a carrot based cake.



Everyone that tried it at dessert gave some pretty positive comments such as my aunt saying that it was beautiful and tasted excellent. Plus my dad saying that its the best carrot cake he ever tried and the cake was gone by the next morning. So I guess I have to thank for the awesome recipe at the joy of baking and myself for my own spin on the outside decorating.The recipe a piece of cake lol and definitely a recipe to be written in my recipe book :D.


Also once Wednesday and Thursday passed, I notice on Friday night that I have not made any cookies recently and the cookie jar went empty :O.So I went browsing through my mom's cookie books and found buttery peanut cookies:). At first I thought there was peanut butter in the recipe along with peanuts and didn't notice till I finish mixing the batter lol.


However, I made sure to add about a cup of semisweet chocolate chips for more sweetness and came out to be a pretty good cookie. There chewy, crunchy and soft all together and have a really unique flavor and aroma. It a simple and less ingredient cookie that anyone can do even if its your first recipe.

I recommend these recipes and try them out for yourself. I just recently made all my recipes that are not from online sites a printable recipe version so I hope you enjoy.


Peanut Buttery Cookie (Adapted From Favorite Brand Name Cookie Collection)
Printable Version

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Butter, soften( microwave for 10 seconds if not soft enough when using( Take off wrapper before placing in microwave)
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups salted peanuts( about 12 ounces)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1.Oven to 350F

2. Place flour, sugars, butter,eggs, salt,baking soda and vanilla.Beat the ingredients together on low speed, be sure to scrape the sides to combine all ingredients. Beat for about 2-3 minutes or until well mixed.

3. Now begin to stir in the salted nuts and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.

4.Roll in hands a little more then a tsp of dough and place well spaced apart on a greased cookie sheet or nonstick cookie sheet.

5.Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.Cool

Comments

  1. The carrot cake looks delicious and the chocolate is a definitely a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...